Cabinet received a second report from the Inter Ministerial Committee (IMC) on North West and is satisfied with the progress in stabilizing the province.
In its previous meeting Cabinet approved that North West Province be placed under Section 100 (1) of the Constitution of the Republic of
South Africa of 1996. Cabinet also increased the members of IMC with the Ministers of Basic Education; Public Service and Administration, Human Settlements, Social Development, Tourism; Environmental Affairs and Transport.
The IMC was asked to do further work in the Province and advise cabinet on which of the provincial departments should be placed under Section
(1) (a) or section 100(1) (b) of the constitution.
As a result of this work, Cabinet has approved that five of the Provincial departments should be placed under Section 100 (1) (b)
(1) Office of the Premier;
(2) Department of Community Safety and Transport Management
(3) Department of Basic Education and Sports Development;
(4) Department of Health
(5) Department of Public Works and Roads
departments are to be placed under section 100(1) (a) namely:
(1) Department of Finance, Economy and Enterprise
(2) Department of Local Government and Human Settlement;
(3) Department of
Rural, Environment and Agricultural
(4) Department of Social Department
(5) Department of Tourism;
Cabinet approved that the necessary correspondence be sent to the National Council of Provinces (NCOP) and that communication with the relevant stakeholders in North
West should take place. The investigative work of the Justice Crime Prevention and Security Cluster (JCPS) to continue on all those matters that require the law enforcement agencies to intervene.