Self imposed two day Matlosana Mayor resigns
Only two days was enough for Washington Ntozini to be the Executive Mayor of Matlosana Local Municipality. ANC deployee Ntozini, with the help of opposition parties removed another ANC deployee Maitu Kgaile as the mayor of Matlosana. That did not sit well with the ruling party that acted swiftly and asked Ntozini to resign immediately.
A delegation of the ANC led by its Deputy Secretary General, Jessie Duarte and the North West Provincial Task Team met with ANC Councillors of Matlosana Local Municipality yesterday. According to ANC Provicial Task Team spokesperson, Kabelo Mataboge, the objective of the meeting was to resolve the impasse which has lasted for almost three weeks.
“The ANC discourages at all costs the following;
• The removal of any Public Representatives without following due processes of as stipulated in the ANC Constitution,
• That collusion with the opposition is a dismissable offence and cannot be tolerated,
The meeting noted and accepted the profuse apology by the seventeen ANC councillors for their participation in the passe.
It also accepted the same profuse apology from particularly Cde Washington Ntozini for his irregular appointment as a Mayor as a clear a clear act of defiance of the values, norms and mandate of the ANC,” said Mataboge.
The ANC delegation directed the following;
• A Council Sitting to be convened on the 19th. November 2018,
• Re-in statement of Maitu Kgaile as the Executive Mayor of Matlosana,
• Immediate resignation of Cde Washington Ntozini,
• A programme of Action of
taking Council to the Communities,
• Systematic programming of Caucus and Troika Meetings.