Residents are kindly advised that the Unit: Electrical Engineering Services plans to execute urgent upgrading, repairs and maintenance on electrical infrastructure as indicated below.
Date: Saturday 09 October 2021
Timeframe: 8:00 until 16:00
The scope will consist of the following:
• Full audit on the 11kV switchgear in the Substation
• Replace battery charger and recommission power supply.
• Perform primary and secondary injection testing.
• Recalculate the protection discrimination settings and apply.
This outage has already been scheduled with Kroondal mine
Areas affected will be (Either partially or in total):
Mining, Factories, Business and Farming areas
• Kroondal 304 JQ
• Rietfontein 338 JQ
• Waagfontein 340 JQ
• Zuurplaat 337 JQ
• Rhenosterfontein 336 JQ
• Modderfontein 322 JQ
• Boschfontein 330 JQ Includes Redwing
• Oorzaak 335 JQ includes Marula
• Glencore Mine – Kroondal
• Rainbow Chicken farms
• Crocodile Farms
Please Note: No guarantee can be given that the supply will remain off for the specified time and all electrical installations must be regarded as being alive during the above-mentioned times.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to affected residents.