Moses Kotane Local Municipality Mayor, Nketu Nkotswe met with her senior managers on Tuesday. The aim was to hear their plans in 2022.
She met Accounting Officer, Mokopane Letsoalo, Head Of Department for Community services, Segale Kotsedi and Head Of Department for Infrastructure and Technical Services, Boikanyo Maseloane. According to the statement from the municipality, the mayor wanted to check progress on issues affecting the municipality, challenges, progress regarding implementation and accelerating service delivery to the people.
Here are the short term plans of the municipality:
- Heightening Service delivery to 107 Villages and Two Townships.
- Embarking on Service delivery blitz programmes as well as Safe and Clean City Campaigns that will take Services to the people.
- Moses Kotane Local municipality is predominantly rural in nature, therefore is important for the municipality to continue working with Traditional Leaders (Dikgosi) for Cooperative Governance & Traditional Affairs.
- MKLM to partner with Traditional Leaders and other stakeholders to confront illegal water connections in our communities.
- The EXCO will lead a process to develop strategies in terms of the Municipal Systems Act to address the issues raised by communities.
- A series of community consultations process will take place.
- MKLM to meet with NWDC Management with regard to addressing outstanding challenges @ Mogwase Complex.
- Encourage culture of payment of services by consumers, also come up with a framework for flat-rate for all villagers.
- Every Friday is declared a safe and clean city programme which is a propeller for service delivery.
- Checking what are challenges or Service delivery gaps to be addressed.
- EPWP programme to be utilized.
- Meeting with various stakeholders like Mining Houses, Sector Departments, and Private Sector
- MKLM to participate in Back to School Campaign programme at various schools and donate stationery packs.